Latest News

Leather couch, lamp and house plant
5 Aug 21


Are we back in the omnibus?

Hopefully not. As soon as lockdown 5.0 ends and restrictions begin to ease again, then it should be business as usual, however, the State Government controls the activation of this, and we cannot predict the future so it is difficult to give a definitive answer. This means property inspections during lockdown will go ahead or pause according to government regulations.

Can I get a rental reduction because we are in lockdown again?

No. Rental reductions were introduced during the Omnibus. As the State Government hasn’t activated the Omnibus at this time, we can’t arrange rental reductions.

When will my maintenance be attended to?

If your maintenance is of an urgent matter, then it will be attended to as soon as possible. If the matter is not urgent then as soon as we receive advice from the Victorian Government that non-urgent maintenance at a rental premise is permitted the matter will be attended to. Again, this all depends on private inspections and attendance on properties during COVID, at that given point in time. A list of permitted urgent maintenance is as follow:

  • burst water service
  • blocked or broken toilet system
  • serious roof leak
  • gas leak
  • dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • an essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering is not working
  • the gas, electricity or water supply is not working
  • a cooling appliance or service provided by the rental provider is not working
  • the property does not meet minimum standards
  • a safety-related device, such as a smoke alarm or pool fence, is not working
  • an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working and causes a lot of water to be wasted
  • any fault or damage in the property that makes it unsafe or insecure, including pests, mould or damp caused by or related to the building structure
  • a serious problem with a lift or staircase.

Please visit Consumer Affairs Vic for further information on urgent maintenance


Can I arrange a private property inspection during lockdown?

No. Property inspections are not permitted at all during COVID lockdowns. Once restrictions ease it is likely that private property inspections will be permitted by appointment only until such time the Victorian Government sees fit to allow Open Home Inspections again.


What do we do if we cannot find a place to move to by our vacating date?

We will endeavour to do all we can to find a suitable property for you by your vacate date, however, if we are still in lockdown as your vacate date approaches, we will discuss an extension with your rental provider and get back to you as soon as possible.


Am I able to ask help from my parents and friends to help me move my belongings to a new place?

The only people who can assist you to move house are those you already live with. Friends and family or your partner if you do not live with them, can only assist you to move if they do so under caregiving regulations i.e., support due to age, health issues or disability.


What is going to happen to me if I don't pay the rent on time as my business is closed?

If you do not pay your rent on time and you are more than 14 days in arrears, your rental provider may issue you with a Notice to Vacate the premises. This is the first step towards an eviction. From 29 March 2021, the moratorium on evictions ceased and renters now need to pay their rent unless there is a rent reduction agreement or dispute resolution order that was issued before 29th March, 2021. If you think you will be unable to pay your rent, please contact your property manager immediately who will work with you to come up with a solution and provide you with the payment plan.

Step 1. Enter your property address

Step 2. Enter your details

Step 3. More information about your property (optional)

Thank you for your enquiry!

We'll be in touch soon to your email address provided ().