COVID-19 OCCUPIED PROPERTY INSPECTION BAN OVERTURNED
In this ever changing climate, the ban on occupied property inspections announced last Thursday evening has been overturned and private inspections of occupied premises, under a strict set of health and safety provisions can continue.
In accordance with the current Consumer Affairs Victoria guidelines, private inspections of occupied/tenanted residential properties are allowed where an estate agent and one other person (the person for whom the inspection is organised) are present at the premises. The resident at the premises is not permitted to be present. In this case the resident of the premises will have to leave the premises, and should do so for a reason permitted under the SAHD (to obtain necessary goods or services, for care and other compassionate reasons, to attend work or education or to exercise).
With the safety of our community, customers, and their families being paramount, should you wish to view a property exclusively with one of our agents, we ask you to observe our Open for Inspection policy below.
If you do attend a private inspection, please:
• limit the number of people attending the inspection to one person
• Refrain from physical greetings
• Please refrain from touching surfaces within the property
• Maintain a comfortable distance (at least 1.5m) from our Sales Agent
Please do not attend property inspections if:
• You have any flu like symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
• If you have travelled overseas or been in contact with someone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days
• Recently been in contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19
CLICK HERE to view the changes on the Consumer Affairs Victoria website.
As always, if you have any questions please contact us directly. These are difficult times and at Neilson Partners we are here to help and support you through them.